Moving from New York City to Westchester can be an exciting and overwhelming experience. While Westchester is not as fast-paced as NYC, it offers a variety of activities and attractions for individuals and families alike. However, in case you are a young adult who has decided to leave the hecticness of the big city behind him or her and has decided to relocate here with the help of reputable movers and packers Westchester has to offer, what do you do in your free time? Pack & Go Movers are going to help you find out about the top things to do after moving from NYC to Westchester. We understand how important it is to find out as much as you can about a place you are moving to. In fact, you had better found it out on time. Ahead of the move that is. Let’s help you with it.
What are the top things to do after moving from NYC to Westchester?
Let’s cut to the chase and immediately take a look at the most attractive things that you as a young adult can do for fun after one of the moving companies NYC to Westchester has helped you with your relocation. The following are the ones we would focus on:
- Visit the Hudson River Museum – The Hudson River Museum is a great place to start exploring Westchester. Located in Yonkers, the museum features art, history, and science exhibits, as well as a planetarium and outdoor amphitheater.
- Explore the Kensico Dam Plaza – The Kensico Dam Plaza is a beautiful park located in Valhalla, NY. It features a lake, picnic areas, and a walking trail, as well as events and activities throughout the year.
- Hike the Rockefeller State Park Preserve – The Rockefeller State Park Preserve is a 1,400-acre park located in Sleepy Hollow, NY. It features over 30 miles of hiking trails, as well as a variety of wildlife and scenic views.
- Go shopping at The Westchester – The Westchester is a premier shopping destination located in White Plains, NY. It features over 150 stores, including high-end retailers like Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom.
Visiting these four points of interest would be a good stepping stone to understanding the city as a whole. Then, you could go on and explore further.
Other places to explore
Now that you have a good basis for exploring the city, it is a good idea to keep on deepening your knowledge of the place. There are different nooks that even we are not going to be able to cover in this article. So, no matter what you read here, you are surely going to stumble upon other interesting bits and pieces about the city after commercial movers Westchester has to offer have helped you relocate your business. Should you come by a place that you would eagerly recommend other people find out about, make sure to tell us all about it in the comments section!
To continue your exploration of Westchester, go on and visit the following top things to do visit moving from NYC to Westchester:
- Enjoy the Playland Amusement Park – Playland Amusement Park is a historic park located in Rye, NY. It features a variety of rides and attractions, as well as a beach and boardwalk.
- Visit Kykuit, the Rockefeller Estate – Kykuit, also known as the Rockefeller Estate, is a historic landmark located in Pocantico Hills, NY. The estate features beautiful gardens, art collections, and scenic views.
- Explore the Stone Barns Center for Food and Agriculture – The Stone Barns Center for Food and Agriculture is a non-profit farm located in Pocantico Hills, NY. It features sustainable agriculture practices and offers educational programs and events throughout the year.
- Visit the Caramoor Center for Music and the Arts – The Caramoor Center for Music and the Arts is a cultural destination located in Katonah, NY. It features a variety of music and art events throughout the year, as well as beautiful gardens and historic buildings.
What to do to easily complete your relocation
In order to fully enjoy the top things to do after moving from NYC to Westchester, you have to first relocate with ease. One of the first things to consider before moving is hiring a reputable moving company to help with the transition. There are many moving companies that specialize in NYC to Westchester moves, so it is essential to do your research and choose the one that fits your needs.
Obviously, if you are looking for commercial movers in Westchester, there are also several reputable companies to choose from. These companies specialize in moving businesses and offices and can help ensure that your transition is smooth and efficient.
Are you going to pack on your own?
Regardless of whether you move on your own or with the professionals’ help, there is another thing to consider: packing. One of the most significant tasks during the move is packing. Therefore, securing the help of a provider of packing service Westchester has to offer for this aspect of relocation could be a smart thing to do. This decision can affect the outcome of your relocation and the state of your items after the move.
Plan your move properly
Lastly, let us point out the importance of planning. The city of New York is a hectic place to relocate from. So, you should really make sure to plan everything to the tiniest of bits. This way, you will find yourself in the driving seat of this move. And that is exactly where you need to be.
Have you started making a plan of visiting the top places after moving from NYC to Westchester?
As you have seen, Westchester has a lot to offer. So, it was entirely possible to rank the top things to do after moving from NYC to Westchester. Now, it is all up to you. Do not hold back, but go ahead and explore!